Suzuki Forums banner

Clicking noise from computer - Suzuki Jimny

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Bibo9335 
#1 ·
I have a Suzuki Jimny. While driving today, i felt a sudden loss of power while my foot was on the accelerator. Then a clicking noise was heard coming from the car computer area. This noise was heard with the gear in P, R, N, D and 2. When I put into the L gear the noise went away. When I changed gears the car jerks a bit. When in the P gear the is also a rattling sound coming from under the hood. Is it the transmission? Or is the brain? What is that clicking/ticking sound????
Any advice?

#2 ·
The clicking noise will be one of the ECU driven relays. You may have a short on one of the ECU circuits or a dying ECU.

#5 ·
Loss of power, clicking noise coming from the car computer

Thanks for your answer. When this has happened with me I've open the valve body and take out one for one the solenoids and clean them and the filter and put 12 Volt DC on it to see if all are working perfectly some of them was a little bit dirty. After that I put new Gray Plus RTV Silicone close all and the car is still running without problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.