Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car needs a flush out of the fuel system - tank, filter, lines, pump, carby (prob gonna ditch for a CV kit before too long)... I want to leave no stone unturned.

After running my tank to the last drops recently, my car has drawn a bit of muck into the lines and my Sierra's idle has suffered to no end. Silly me.

Just to clarify:
- Carby was rebuilt in November (got receipts) and running like a charm until emptying my tank.
- no vacuum leaks in the system - this has been double and triple checked. All the lines to and from the carb are in A1 condition, so too the clamps/fixings.
- all was fine until I ran the tank too empty.

My plans are:
- take out the tank and get it cleaned at a radiator refurbisher. Too many chemicals involved for a DIY job - best get someone else to do it.
- disconnect fuel filter, pump and carby, and give each line a fierce blow with an air compressor.
- reconnect everything, replace filter, run some carby cleaner for a couple of tanks and hope all is resolved.

Can anyone troubleshoot these plans for something I may have overlooked? No point going to all this trouble only to miss/forget something vital.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Actually - this is the perfect time to get a bigger tank installed! :cool:

Will a Petroworks polyethylenetank have any clearance / fitting issues on a standard ride height 1990 aussie Sierra?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cleaned my tank with couple quarts of water cleaned and dried crushed gravel and a gallon of gasoline. Put it on the ground and rocked it every direction for about 15 minutes and then dumped and rinsed with gas. looked like new and all rust flakes gone.
Same problem as yours and replaced in tank mesh filter.

Good luck
zippys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts