Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question? I had a header coming apart on me and rattling so i couldnt hearany other noises but now after the header fix on take off I hear a "clang" and also while sitting still with clutch out in neutral or driving there is a rattling? But when clutch in pressed it goes away? throwout bearing?? :confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,U-joint is the 1st thing that came to mind because thats what it (the clang) sounds like but it all feels tight and I just replaced them all a few month ago? the rattle I dont think is exhaust because even going down the road if I push in the clutch the rattle goes away...as soon as I let out its back?I didnt notice the rattle before because my header was coming apart,and did,and it was rattling bad...until one of the pipes fell OFF going down the road....now im hearing this other rattle but not as loud as my exhaust was,lol.Would a throw out sound like this? rattling?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Not really...

Here's something to try, Have someone look at the motor (hood up) when you gun it. Could you have a broken motor mount? And when there is a load on the driveline the motor tilts enough to make the exhaust contact the heat shield?
How about the front output of the transfer case? Even in 2wd there is still a little drag that can turn the output. Shake it and see if the pin has broken.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may have hit it Bill.....for a while now my T-case will pop out of 4x4 unless I bungy cord it in place...Someone had told me here once before about the shaft maybe being worn.Didnt think about it popping in 2wd though???I really wanting to get a new T-case with 4.9 gears and updated shaft but I just dont have $1000 right now...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts