Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just bought our first samurai and the guy told us it was having carb issues. The choke isn't opening so the car wont idle without dying..but it runs pretty good with a screwdriver jammed in there!!! :grin: I did the adjustment to line up the cam to the mark on the throttle linkage, but I don't think the vac assist thing is working. And quite possibly it is due to my next problem:

I have a couple vac line q's if anyone can tell me where the line that comes off the bottom of the air cleaner assembly goes or if it is necessary? There is one capped off port near the firewall side of the intake manifold, and a nipple busted off of a light blue vacuum switch or something near the rear driver side of the carb(in lower right corner of pic).

You can tell the guy before us messed with the carb a bunch and some vac lines could very well be out of place. Maybe someone could tell me where the choke vacuum assist line should be connected:huh:

Thanks for any help!
Boogers

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Points for the screwdriver fix! But remember if that is scotch tape the gas fumes will eventually eat it.

For years the Samurai community has pointed to Ack's Faq for the vacuum issue. He keeps it up to date when new things are figured out. He has many diagrams that will show you exactly how all those lines are run. Check it out at:
Vacuum Line Maintenance

Welcome to the addiction!
:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Points for the screwdriver fix! But remember if that is scotch tape the gas fumes will eventually eat it.

For years the Samurai community has pointed to Ack's Faq for the vacuum issue. He keeps it up to date when new things are figured out. He has many diagrams that will show you exactly how all those lines are run. Check it out at:
Vacuum Line Maintenance

Welcome to the addiction!
:D
Cool man! Thanks for the info, so helpful! I will check it out tomorrow before work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took some time this morning to check, and it seems all all vac lines are in place. I did however have a question about the jet coming off the mixture control valve. It says grey side up, but mine seems to be the same color on both sides.There is the word aisin on top and some numbers on the bottom. Does that jive with anyone else?

Also I called to see about the choke diaphragm (choke piston) in case that's what it turns out to be and they said it was $800 !!!???!!??! Wtf is going on here? The vsv (blue part in pic) that the top of mine is busted off is $114. I can rig a manual choke I suppose, but may just try and sneak it past smog, then swap to the weber. I will have to put this one back on for inspection every 2 years, but It may be worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts