Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post and I'd like to first hope I'm welcome because I got a 2000 chevy tracker. I know the geo trackers ended in 1998.

Anyways my main concern/question right now is where the heck do I find the soft top trim at? I found only one user on Ebay selling the 99-03 tracker soft top for a reasonable price and He hasn't done anything with my order for 24 days now. no response from multiple private messages either. So basically without that ebay user helping me I am unable to get the soft top trim.

What would you guys do? I was willing to pay the guy $486 for the trim and the next best thing I found was pre-owned brittle already cracked and damaged oem soft top trim for $1,000 LOL!

This is a link to what I've been trying to buy 99 00 01 02 03 Chevy Tracker Suzuki Vitara Convertible Soft Top trim Set | eBay

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
'91 Tracker (CAMI) 1.6-8v, 5spd-4WD
538 Posts
Hello everyone! This is my first post and I'd like to first hope I'm welcome because I got a 2000 chevy tracker. I know the geo trackers ended in 1998.

Anyways my main concern/question right now is where the heck do I find the soft top trim at? I found only one user on Ebay selling the 99-03 tracker soft top for a reasonable price and He hasn't done anything with my order for 24 days now. no response from multiple private messages either. So basically without that ebay user helping me I am unable to get the soft top trim.

What would you guys do? I was willing to pay the guy $486 for the trim and the next best thing I found was pre-owned brittle already cracked and damaged oem soft top trim for $1,000 LOL!

This is a link to what I've been trying to buy 99 00 01 02 03 Chevy Tracker Suzuki Vitara Convertible Soft Top trim Set | eBay

Thanks for reading
Good morning.... I really can't offer much help regarding the trim set you need, but would like to offer a little something about buying on eBay. You can still find some good deals there, but it's become a total "buyer beware" scenario that has left many victims in it's wake. I started selling there back in 2000 when I retired(at 50) and it was a great experience for buying and selling, but now I consider it a thieves den. Notice that this particular seller lists his address in McAllen, TX(border town), but in his feedback page it says: MEXICO! Interesting arrangement.
Nothing against my Mexicano primos, but many sellers based outside the U.S. (or U.S. as well) are notorious for scams & shady business practices and eBay DOESN'T CARE as long as they get their seller fees. This seller's feedback shows "shipping" issues".
Hopefully, you have received a refund for your purchase... I would NEVER wait longer than 10-15 days for an eBay purchase shipment. Obviously, this fella has the trim sets made across the border for... hmmmm, $50 sounds about right, then makes a "nice" profit and ships whenever he gets inspired to do so.
Personal recommendation: don't go crazy spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on your 21 year-old tracker, at that rate, you'll end up with a VERY expensive toy that will bring a frown every time you look at your rolling money pit.
Don't let this discourage you, keep looking for a decent used set.... you WILL find one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning.... I really can't offer much help regarding the trim set you need, but would like to offer a little something about buying on eBay. You can still find some good deals there, but it's become a total "buyer beware" scenario that has left many victims in it's wake. I started selling there back in 2000 when I retired(at 50) and it was a great experience for buying and selling, but now I consider it a thieves den. Notice that this particular seller lists his address in McAllen, TX(border town), but in his feedback page it says: MEXICO! Interesting arrangement.
Nothing against my Mexicano primos, but many sellers based outside the U.S. (or U.S. as well) are notorious for scams & shady business practices and eBay DOESN'T CARE as long as they get their seller fees. This seller's feedback shows "shipping" issues".
Hopefully, you have received a refund for your purchase... I would NEVER wait longer than 10-15 days for an eBay purchase shipment. Obviously, this fella has the trim sets made across the border for... hmmmm, $50 sounds about right, then makes a "nice" profit and ships whenever he gets inspired to do so.
Personal recommendation: don't go crazy spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on your 21 year-old tracker, at that rate, you'll end up with a VERY expensive toy that will bring a frown every time you look at your rolling money pit.
Don't let this discourage you, keep looking for a decent used set.... you WILL find one.

Thanks for the advice. The problem is I'm kind of in a hurry to get those trim pieces so I can get the car outta my garage and park it outside!

I'm hoping ebay can refund me if the guy never responds. :eek:

·
Registered
'91 Tracker (CAMI) 1.6-8v, 5spd-4WD
538 Posts
Thanks for the advice. The problem is I'm kind of in a hurry to get those trim pieces so I can get the car outta my garage and park it outside!

I'm hoping ebay can refund me if the guy never responds. :eek:
After this much time eBay or PayPal should refund w/o waiting any longer. Ebay has your communications with the seller on file to prove that you have not received any answers. Don't wait any longer... there may be a time limit for refunds.
If you have a Harbor Freight store nearby, get a $6-10 poly tarp as a temporary cover. They're pretty sturdy and have grommets all around edges to secure it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for reading
Hello, I fabricate the complete system out of aluminum. Have no idea how to contact ( since I am new here).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts