Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with the player reading MP3 ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags. It only seems to display the filename, and not the metadata. I burn MP3 CDs with subfolders and I make sure the MP3 files have tags. I've read the manual and I am well under the number of files and folders and nesting maximums. I have also tried toggling the play and display with no luck. I want to see the Artist and Song Title and not a filename with underscores. Has anyone got this to work or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used iTunes-encoded mp3s from commercial cds, and also homemade cassette tape conversions to mp3, and they work fine. Sorry, I do not have a clue about id tags, but the song names are showing up fine. One cd has 120 songs on it, pretty much the maxx out limit. All my cds seem to work ok. Funny thing is, my one homemade cd only shows 'track 1, track 2, etc. Try iTunes is all I can suggest. Good luck working it out. I love the sound when the car is parked.

Originally posted by thefoggyone@Mar 1 2005, 08:08 PM
I am having problems with the player reading MP3 ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags. It only seems to display the filename, and not the metadata. I burn MP3 CDs with subfolders and I make sure the MP3 files have tags. I've read the manual and I am well under the number of files and folders and nesting maximums. I have also tried toggling the play and display with no luck. I want to see the Artist and Song Title and not a filename with underscores. Has anyone got this to work or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am having problems with the player reading MP3 ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags. It only seems to display the filename, and not the metadata. I burn MP3 CDs with subfolders and I make sure the MP3 files have tags
I noticed the same thing with mine. Even if the manual cleraly states that this unit will display ID3 tags, I haven't been abole to make it display anithing but folder et file names. I'll try to get some explanations from the dealer, but I don't expect much from them. I had to force them to cut a 3rd "plain" key (without the doorlock/alarm remote on it). Half the personal told me my key had a transponder while the other tought it could be copied without problems. Guess what, a ten bucks plain key is able to UnArm my factory alarm and then start the car without problems

·
Registered
39 Posts
I noticed that it displays only the filename as well. :( Now I will have to recreate the CD with that in mind. However, I love having about 130+ tracks to listen to. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
At least your MP3's play. GM installed the wrong damned head unit in my Optra5. I have the upgraded 8-speaker system, but only the base head unit. I'm getting a runaround by GMCC (General Motors Customer Care), and the dealer is currently only offering $75 (option cost) as reimbursement. Essentially they are attempting to pay my satisfaction off even though replacing the head unit with the proper U3L model AGC-3106V4 MP3 player is what would be ideal.

I want my MP3's! If this doesn't pan out, I'm likely to buy one off eBay and replace the base unit. I only found one so far from an owner of an Aveo in the states. If any of you know of one...lemme know please?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I wish I could read Korean.
Google's translator can...

From the site you provided, I was able to find the PDF manual of our MP3/CD Radio. I tried to translate and understand most of the info contained in it. It contains more details about the use, but there is NO mention anywhere in it about some ID3 display capability. In MP3 mode, it will show FileName.mp3/FileIndex(such as 001/142)/FolderName. That's all.

Could the GM manual be misleading us about the ID3 reading capability?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2005 Chev Optra with the AGC-3106V4 MP3 player and I have tried to burn some MP3's. My player does not want to change from folder to folder, it will play all MP3's in the first folder only. I am hitting the "UP" and "DOWN" buttons, but the fodler is not changing.

Is anyone experiencing this same problem?
Is there a special folder structure that I am now aware of?
Does it have to be burnt in any specail manner?

I don't understand why the other folders are not playing. I have only 10 folders and about 100 songs, so I am well below the max.

Can anybody help explain this.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well, GM finally replaced my MP3 player, so I can only offer as much insight as to what happens with me as well.

It's displaying only the filename. I have my filenames showing Artist - Song with no underscores, the same for the ID3 tag; however, only the filename seems to want to display. The other interesting thing I observed was that the filename character limit doesn't seem to matter. Some of my filenames are huge, well beyond what the manual dictates the maximum to be of 32 characters. I get the feeling that the manual is not correct to this model of MP3 player.

As for the player only searching songs in just one folder, I haven't burned a multi-folder disc yet, so I don't know why it could be doing that. There have been times the player has been stubborn to read my MP3 discs; however, it should either play it, or nothing at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I have an '04 Chevy Optra with the mp3 option. When we first got it, it was just the CD player, like another poster has mentioned, but after a couple of months of pestering, my dealership ordered in a new mp3 model and installed it.

I didn't notice in the manual anything about ID3 tags, and my unit only displays the filenames as well... but I'm going to read my manual tonight and see what (if anything) it says.

On to the original question -- my mps3 CDs have played without a hitch -- with one exception. I've had the player "stall" on one folder when I tried playing an mp3 cd that I burned over multiple sessions. I've never had a problem with an mp3 CD that I burned in one fell swoop, as it were, and that I "finalized" (or whatever the terminology on your CD burning program is -- "maybe "disc at once" instead of "track at once")

I hope this helps.

--gramiq

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last night i found the problem and you nailed the problem exactly. I have to burn the cd using the "disc at once" setting. It works perfectly now.

Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
BUMP :thumbsup:

Just curious, has anyone found a way to have their radio displaying ID3 tags?

Is GM aware of a fix (some CD Players can be upgrade with a Firmware Disc) or if they only made a mistake in their user manual?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts