Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle i only have 42,000 km on this spectacular piece of junk, i put it into a dealership for a warranty repair for an engine noise similar to a valve/ lifter noise when i got it back i was stuck with a constant check engine light, when i returned to the dealership they blew me off,they subsequently went out of business, this involved me bitching out gm canada who were graCIOUS TO REPLACE THe computer, but this still left me with a po171/174 diagnostic code, i know this represents a lean fuel mixture, usually a vacuum leak is suspect but i have gone old school and used a vacuum gauge in the system and everything reads normal wtf?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're trying to find a vacuum leak,
Try this,
With the vehicle running, spray the vacuum hoses and connections, with a good quaility aerosol carby and throttle body cleaner. A rise in revs will indicate the product being sucked into a leaking hose or connection.
Be careful, this stuff is flammable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
promethius po171/174

promethius , i had the same problem.
dont know if yours happened in winter or not.
i had intermitent codes and did what dahayn said and
got nothing.
as the weather got warmer it got worse engine light constant
with those codes
what i found was there were 2 hoses with tiny tiny
splits in them
one hose was the pcv and it was on the underside where it
goes into the valve.
the other was the line that came out of the vaccuum
advance and it was also on the underside but at the bend at the
other end
all codes cleared
hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i have recently scanned the vehicle myself and the test indicators for the 02 sensor,the cat and the evap show testing not completed

·
Registered
27 Posts
the lean codes P0171 and P0174 were my friends since i cant remeber, with a constant chck engine light that i got used to look at. trust me you should do this your self, because i took my chevrolet epica to (chevrolet) dealer 4 times and suzuki dealer(2) times, anyways they all charged me for doing this and that but none helped, i seriously got broke, the fourth time the chev dealer told me there is nothing wrong with the car and they cant find the problem but one fine day i looked under the hood and i was looking at the vacuume line and the hoses as all the good people on the internet suggested and i found a loose hose, which turned out the PCV valve was broken and got the hose to be loose and leaking air, i would suggest you look at that first, you can replace it your self if yours is broken. its located on the passenge side, the hose goes from the throttle body to the engine intake its a little black pice connected to the hose. and also i found a big hole in the hose that comes right after the air filter/mass airflow sensor that connects to the throttle body. after replacing these 2 parts the codes cleared and stayed this way for a month , now i am keeping my finger crossed that somehing else might happen. i hope i was help since i feel what you are going through which i did for few years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks epica pain for your input
you didnt say the milage i have 145000 km on my car (epica) i have done what you say
as i said in the thread but also found that the o2 sensors act up i have replace the
upstream sensor on bank one sensor one the passengers side it was good for a while
but as usual they probably have to replaced in pair because guess what po171 @ po174
lean codes better than rich codes it will kill the converter. runs alot better
i will let you know if the codes go out after i buy the other sensor at $ 130 each

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello James, the mileage on my epica at the time was roughly 160,000km and now i have on it 180,200km. i hope to hear how did it go with you after you bought the new sensor. i really hope these lean codes leave you alone as they did with mine, but now i have a way worse problem and i realized eventually each of our poor asses will go through in the end of the Verona and epica life which is the engine death.. check my thread and you will get the full story:mad:

thread:
Chevrolet Epica Engine Light Flashing With misfire detection PLEASE HELP ITS URGENT

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle i only have 42,000 km on this spectacular piece of junk, i put it into a dealership for a warranty repair for an engine noise similar to a valve/ lifter noise when i got it back i was stuck with a constant check engine light, when i returned to the dealership they blew me off,they subsequently went out of business, this involved me bitching out gm canada who were graCIOUS TO REPLACE THe computer, but this still left me with a po171/174 diagnostic code, i know this represents a lean fuel mixture, usually a vacuum leak is suspect but i have gone old school and used a vacuum gauge in the system and everything reads normal wtf?
my 2005 chevy epica recently did the same thing as yours. I was driving down the highway at highway speed and I heard a lifter/valve noise right after words I lost all functions in my car and it shut down completely, I costed to an approach then it stopped. I had it in the garage and they told me they couldnt do anything with it other then try to replace the engine and see if that would help. im wondering if you have a number I can call to see if theres something else can be done as for the dealership that I got it thru they wont do anything with the extended warranty i purchased the car. the dealership where i got the car told me that all vehicles engines cease. my car only has 170000km. the dealership wont allow me to return the car either they say there not taking it back. I NEED HELP! Does anyone know what i can do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts