Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to check fuel pressure on my 92 and after looking at it I can not tell where to hook the gauge,what is the pressure supposed to be and if its the regulator just where is it located. I thought I had a shop manual but can not find it.

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
8v? 16v? Can you put your specs in your signature??

·
Registered
4,550 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
If you are going to do this, it is important to remember to depressurize the system first. Of course, you will need to know if you are 8v or 16v (16v will say so in big letters on the valve cover, actually). You depressurize your tank by first removing the gas cap to let out pressure, then you can loosely put it back on. Then start the car, let it run, and disconnect the fuel pump relay under the steering column, and let the car run until it dies. Crank it a few more times, just to be sure. You always need to be very careful when dealing with fuel. On the 8v, the connector for doing the fuel pressure is on top of the tank, and it is in millimeters. Most of the fuel pressure gauges you get in the US will not be in millimeters, so you will need an adaptor in order to make the connection. Something like this:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.