Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I don't quite understand the question...
Did your engine check light just come on?
Are you trying to read the trouble code? Or just trying to reset the light?

This has been covered here many times and is a common question.
Here is a cut/paste from my post in a previous thread.

Here is an article all about that switch.
It will reset your engine light after it comes on. The engine light comes on at scheduled intervals when they want you to come in for maintenance (mostly a $300 oil change). If the light remains on after reset, then there really is something wrong.

Engine Check Light Article

·
Registered
37 Posts
Funny thing. My light is on now as well. My Sami just turned 40K just before I bought it a few weeks back. It arrived with the check engine light on. I ran it by the Suzuki service only dealer in town and was told that I would have to leave the car for as long as a week so that the "Young" mechanics could figure out the older car technology as well as all the codes... and here you are answering questions my local Southern California dealership could not answer.

Excellent write up Bill, Great reading and full of needed info. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Funny thing. My light is on now as well. My Sami just turned 40K just before I bought it a few weeks back. It arrived with the check engine light on. I ran it by the Suzuki service only dealer in town and was told that I would have to leave the car for as long as a week so that the "Young" mechanics could figure out the older car technology as well as all the codes... and here you are answering questions my local Southern California dealership could not answer.

Excellent write up Bill, Great reading and full of needed info. Thank you very much.

Sounds to me like they need to rent your sammy for training purposes.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts