Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.
looking for any advice/info that can be given reguarding my jimny.
what sensor would cause the check engine light to flick on and off while driving? if i feather the throttle the light stays off and then if i hold throttle at a steady position the light comes on and the engine goes to reduced power untill i release the accelerator again.

i have fitted a new lambour sensor and also new MAP sensor.

the light does not come on when stationary and reving the engine but as soon as gear is selected and the clutch is being released and holding throttle at 2000rpm the light starts to flicker and engine dies down.

any info would be greatly appreciated.
jim

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
If the light is flickering on and off then its more likely to be an OBD1 model. You can pull the codes using the six-pin diagnostic plug behind the glovebox. The CEL must be on to do this but if you have a scan tool then you can examine stored codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone.
i had already fixed the problem before getting messages.
i did check the codes by shorting pins 2 and 4 on the 6pin plug. it kept coming back sayin that it was the map sensor.i fitted 4 new ones that i had and fault remained sayin map.

i disconnected the pipe that goes from the manifold to the sensor and cleaned it through with parts cleaner and also cleaned out what they say is a filter on that line,it has no fibre in it so is more just a cylinder but it had quite a bit of water,dirt and oil in it.
assembled everything again and yes that has sorted it.
will give it a good run tomorrow to makesure.

again,many thanks for assistance.
Jim

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm pretty sure that there should be a membrane in that filter, maybe yours was damaged. The filter should prevent the intake fumes reaching the sensor and contaminating it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh rite thanks mate,i will look into it and get new one if required,no doubt it will be a dealer only part ha ha.
thanks again for all assistance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts