Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my gas get down to emplty to see when the light comes on. It never came on. Looking in the owners manual, I found where the light is supposed to be. It's right next to the check engine light, oil light, and airbag warning lights under the fuel and tem guages. My issue is that these are all supposed to light up when you first start the car right? None of these light up. The cruise, high beam and driving warning lights come on and they're located to the right of the guage cluster. The warning lights in the RPM work as well as the ones to the left of that cluster. I checked all fuses, and they're all good. I hokked up my OBD II reader and it shows no faults either. The interior dome light doesnt work either. I've checked the bulb and it seems to be fine. The map light work.

Any help would be great.

"Air Force" John

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm assuming you've checked both the engine room fuses and the dash fuses.
You have an open circuit between fuse F4 in the Instrument Panel fuse block and the pink wire going to B15 at the Instrument Cluster.

Go here:

Daewoo Service Manual

Navigate to Electrical Wiring diagrams\LHD\electrical wiring diagrams\cluster\temperature...

It will show you the wiring diagrams, plug locations, pinouts and everything you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P1nky, thanks for the GREAT info. When I pulled the cluster this morning to shoot the connection at 15, I noticed the cluster was missing all the bulbs on that set except the fuel. I did a little swapping around, and it seems everything is good. I need to order about eight of these cluster bulbs.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm guessing one of the previous owners pulled them because of the airbag issue. Now that I've put the lights in, the airbag light is staying on. I'll have to go over all the airbag data on this website and see if I can sort it all out. Not sure why he/she would pull the oil light also?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yikes.
From what I've read on this forum and elsewhere, only the dealer can reset the airbag light.

The plugs under the front seats for the side airbags are secured way too tightly and can cause a loose connection, causing the airbag module to register a problem and make the airbag light stay on, indicating a problem.
I've also read that, as the airbag module lives under the center console cup holders, condensation from your drinks (or the drinks themselves) will percolate into the module and again, cause problems with the system.

My car's airbag light is also on all the time. I will get around to removing said light bulb, someday. Procrastination; ya gotta love it!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
the light can be reset by any shop that has the Suzuki software. my old mechanic reset it for me. it worked for maybe a year before the light came back on. some people have had success by cutting the wires free from the bottom of the seat and using a electrical lube that helps the connections efficiency. it does something like that, you can buy it at an electronics store like radio shack. i think i read somewhere the problem with the system lies either in the passenger seats sensor or a specific part of the harness

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm assuming you've checked both the engine room fuses and the dash fuses.
You have an open circuit between fuse F4 in the Instrument Panel fuse block and the pink wire going to B15 at the Instrument Cluster.

Go here:

Daewoo Service Manual

Navigate to Electrical Wiring diagrams\LHD\electrical wiring diagrams\cluster\temperature...

It will show you the wiring diagrams, plug locations, pinouts and everything you need.
Hi
I hope you might be able to help.

I have a Suzuki Swift 06. My problem is the Engine light does not come on period. It is supposed to light when the car is started but alas it doesn't. So now with re-registration, It didn't pass the inspection. Rather bloody annoying out of all the goddamn things a mere engine light anyway 2 different mechanic workshops couldn't fix the issue so I'm looking.

1. how do I find the power source to determine if power is being sent to the diode?

2. Do you know if I buy an instrument panel from I right-hand drive and put it in my left-hand-drive will it all lineup?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts