Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an intermittent check engine light that comes on in my verona. i took it to autozone while it was still on and it came up as either a fuel injector problem or o2 sensor. the car has a wierd problem where it will have lots of power when the engine is still cold but when it warms up it feels sluggish and also has a stalling problem while idling. any input on what these problems could be caused by?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know the coolant was never flushed at 30K and now its at 50K would that be the problem? also i checked the oil yesterday and it was extrememly low and theres oil on the left side of the valve cover right where the fill cap is and theres oil on the #1 coil all around that area

·
Registered
388 Posts
If the throttle is the problem it would be a heat breakdown issue not old coolant.

As far as the leaks you need to take care of that as it may be interfering with proper spark plug firing leading to misfire issues as.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds like the dreaded Verona head gasket problem. The head gaskets on these cars are prone to failure. I believe the dealer will fix for free....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sounds like the dreaded Verona head gasket problem. The head gaskets on these cars are prone to failure. I believe the dealer will fix for free....
Verona's do not have a gasket issue....what is your basis for this statement?
04 Verona's has camshaft/head/block issues.
Most Verona's have o2 sensor and PCV issues.
Many Verona's have throttle body issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Veronas do indeed have a head/head gasket problem. There are numerous TSB's on the problem. My dealer replaced mine, and said that he has replaced 50% of the heads on the Veronas that they have sold. My problem started with a check engine light/fault code for a mis fire and O2 sensor. Coolant leaked from the head, worked its way throught the combustion chamber and exited the exhaust damaging the O2 sensors. The entire engine had to be replaced because the coolant scored the cylinder walls etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
so what action would you recommend i take? should i bring it to a dealer and have them look at it?
You may want to take it into the dealer ship for an analysis to find out what codes are being fired from the brains of the car. I don’t know if your vehicle has warranty, but to be on the safe side of things, $90.00 for a ten-minute scan is better than a $3000.00 for new parts on whatever blows first.

I’ve had the same problems, even after a warranty job on the O2 sensor.

One of the codes that presented itself on the second test was a P0455 or EVAP Emissions Control System malfunction.

The cause could be an array of variables such as a loose gas cap or condensation in the gas tank. Just a pin drop of water in the gas tank can muck up an engine.

I’ve owned my 04 Verona for 3 weeks now and its now shedding its true colors on me. But can’t be worse than my dsm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts