Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I live in Ft. Worth and i just purchased my first Samurai. I am curious if i can simply just put my leaf springs on top of my axels? If not what is the best way to put a small suspension lift on it? Keeping in mind that i am broke and it is my daily driver.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
192 Posts
depends on your skill level... what tools you have... what you will be using it for... But yea, it's very common way to lift.
Then you get into the "you might as well as".
Make sure you have _everything_ before you start or you will not be able to stop. (hint) ;)

there has been a few recent threads on this.

thanks,
george

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes, SPOA (spring over axle) lifts are very common and available in different heights depending on which vendor you purchase it from.
anytime you lift something you need to consider other issues such as steering, brake lines, drive lines, shocks, ect... It is just not as simple as putting the leafs on the top of the axle and driving away.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
it can be done completely bolt on though, so skill level required is extremely minimal. If you do it with your stock springs and buy bolt on spring perches for the top of the axel, You could get away with using stock shocks and swaybar. You would need a drop pitman arm for your steering and extended brake lines, but that's about it. Using the stock springs you're only going to go up about 3 inches. That's enough to clear a 30 inch tire with room to spare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts