Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's my dillema. I've spent the majority of hte money i made last year on a banging 4500 watt audio system. 2000 watts of this is pushed by 2 12 inch subs. my 12's are so big and powerful that at first if you were outside the car all you could here was the banging of the license plate and back hatch against the car. So i dynamatted the hell out of both. Well then it got quite enough that i could hear that the shelve in the back was just slamming away as well. Dynamat 2 the rescue. Now i hear the rattle elsewhere in the vehicle. Now's its the Spare down below. Dynamat again hahaha. Then the seat backs, then the rear door panels. Does anybody know how to make the rattle stop or will this thing need to be chased from the back all the way through the car. The guy at the Audio place when i came in 4 the 4 th time to buy another wedge pack laughed and said if i seal up everything i could build too much pressure and blow a window seal....:eek::eek::eek: :eek: Any suggestions?

·
Registered
418 Posts
how are your subs facing. is the box sealed or vented? i have a single 15inch sub with a 1000watt rms amp and its facing towards the rear of my hatch i swear i can hear the bottom of the back windshield rattling.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the two 12's facing the back hatch, It's a band pass box with port facing the same way as the subs. Everything on the Hatch was vibrating for me. It was ridiculous. The tail lights, the plastic compartments, the bumper, EVERYTHING AHHHHH. it's so annoying.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah Same for me try having a 15inch sub in a 3.0cubic foot vented box with the port facing the rear. The port is about max 3inches from the rear trunk rattles so much i just turn my gain down on my amp

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am on the hunt down for rattle too!
Currently I have a single 12 (PG RSdC12) on a 2.5cub tunned to 23hz, pushed by a JBL GTO1201.1 II. (1200wRMS) .
I have put about 140sqft of sound deadner (raamat) and aboutr 10 yards of ensolite (closed cell foam) everywhere! :p
No rattle at all in the car, but I am still hunting one down that is coming from my brake lights. I can have the system going so loud inside that the hatch lead goes up and down, and no rattles, except the one on the lights. I cannot find out how to get the lights out, so i cant fix that one...
Do any of you get dimming lights??? I have that problem too...:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts