Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang!

I've got a 2008 Suzuki SX4 85,500 miles.

The Noise: It's a chirpy screechy sound that I only hear when I am pressing down on the gas pedal. And not consistently every time. At some point during a 20 minute driving session it will happen and it will keep happening. But you can't count on the sound to always happen. Which is a problem when your trying to show your mechanic the problem.

I've been chasing this noise. I've had the drive belt and idler pulley assembly replaced but it has not helped. The noise is actually worse now.

This is starting to get expensive.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I should have my mechanic replace next?

Thanks for your help!

Of course there's always the annoying chance that the idler pulley replacement they put in is defective.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just to eliminate the possibility that it is the disc pad wear indicator, how worn are your front brakes?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Where are you located?
Which engine?
Water pump comes to mind. They have been known to make such noises. Also change out the belt while it's off.
If it comes to that, I may still have a couple new pumps in my garage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water Pump aye... ok ok. And a belt. Is it a different belt than the drive belt? Because I just replaced the drive belt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok! Thanks so much! I'll have my mechanic take a look. If you think I can save money by purchasing a water pump from you send me a DM. But I have a feeling the shipping cost from Canada might be pricey. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll keep you posted! I'll be bringing it back to the mechanic late next week. Noise is a lot worse now. High pitch wind up kind of sound when I start it for the first time in the morning... Oye... :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Solved!

After Drive Belt Tensioner replacement I have not heard the noise since! I also think my AC is running better now as an added bonus.

Debrief:
If you have to replace one of the following I would suggest doing all 3 at once to save on cost and/or time/ effort of labor.

Drive Belt, Idler Pulley, Drive Belt Tensioner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts