Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, I need some advice this is what I have, '95 Samurai 4wd. It has a new starter,alternator and Battery. I have to jump off runs fine will run an hour setting there. When i start driving it's fine then after a few miles it starts losing power like gas or something. If it shuts off , it is totally dead. I jump it right off and does same thing few miles loses power and just dies. Any ideas??? I am no good when it comes to electriconics i am as dumb as dirt. i can mcgiver anything i need to but electronics.:huh: HCS

·
Super Moderator
12,440 Posts
Grab a voltmeter (because we're going to get no where without some measurements.

What's the terminal voltage on the battery - it should be 12~14V, if not, get it charged, if it has the right voltage it should start the engine without a jump start - so that's the first thing we need to fix.

Let's assume you have the voltage - what happens when you crank or try to crank?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Are you able to put a volt meter to it? It sort of sounds like an alternator but there are other things that can prevent charging.

If you live near an Autozone or Orielies they often will come out and throw a free charging system check on a vehicle, that might be worth while if you don't have anyone that can swing by and assist.

If you ARE able to put a volt meter on it let us know what you find, off and running. If you are able to put a full charge on the battery before trouble shooting you will be further ahead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts