Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering changing steering wheel to a sports wheel.
When looking for a wheel boss kit is the early Vitara one the same or is any other wheel boss in Suzuki range compatable ?
Thanks for any info if available

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
and what about the air bag? I believe your model has 2. Replacing the steering wheel will cause an air bag code and invalidate insurance and MOT certification.
Boss sizes changed between years and models, you will need to measure number of splines and diameter to confirm what will fit.

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
Not all markets had airbags in 1995, and if I'm not mistaken, back then many of the Suzukis used the same size column & spline count, where the differences were was the turn signal cancelling pins. Just as an example, the SJ413 & the Swift used the same boss, and I just took that boss & fitted it to a Grand Vitara with minor modification - the pins on the GV are set further apart and all it needed was to "slot" the holes.

Having said that - the part numbers that you're asking about are different - and if you're looking for a new kit, a 1995 Baleno takes the Momo BG8203 - and the fact that Momo offers a kit for it suggests that it did not have airbags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts