Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions that I know someone can answer. I am a novice when it comes to doing things on my car, but I am learning.

1.) When and how ofter should I change the plugs?
2.) Are they simple to change or a pain in the ass?
3.) What are the best plugs to get when I change them?
4.) I found the distributer cap but the wires run under the top cover. Do I just remove the cover and they are there or since the engine is not sitting like a normal car, are they in a weird ass location?

Thanks for any information is advance. I have learned how to do quite a bit from this site. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I changed my spark plugs at 30k per the manual, they still looked good so they could have stayed longer (I drive mainly freeway).

The OEM plugs are supposed to be the best, we share them with BMW's mainly but they are hard to get. You'll probably have to order them from a local auto parts or get them mail order.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
the best kind of spark plug is the iridium type. there are a few companies that sell plugs for the reno/forenza. off the top of my head: ngk, e3 and those new pulstar(i think thats the name)i just read an article where a car got +3 hp from the pulstar plugs. but the general consensus is iridium.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What are the part numbers and how do we get ahold of them. I live in Canada and its extremely hard to find spark plugs out here.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Pretty damn expensive! $100 for a set of 4. Anyways yeah i just ordered some, im sure it'll go nice with the UD pulley, CAI and Kinkys Header

·
Registered
494 Posts
Actually i just got off the phone with them and their customer service was great and said they just overnighted me one and did it all for free. I even told them how i broke it and how it was my fault. I think i just became a life customer if they work.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Actually i just got off the phone with them and their customer service was great and said they just overnighted me one and did it all for free. I even told them how i broke it and how it was my fault. I think i just became a life customer if they work.
yea alot of ppl said they great customer service

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Pretty damn expensive! $100 for a set of 4. Anyways yeah i just ordered some, im sure it'll go nice with the UD pulley, CAI and Kinkys Header
Quality is rarely cheep and they are pre gap. I haven't look into it yet, but I bet the BMW plugs either cost the same or more than ours.

Did they say anything about installing them if you had to do anything different than installing any other plugs?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Quality is rarely cheep and they are pre gap. I haven't look into it yet, but I bet the BMW plugs either cost the same or more than ours.

Did they say anything about installing them if you had to do anything different than installing any other plugs?
nope you just have to install them like a normal plug..

·
Registered
494 Posts
well now hold on a minute. you can't use a spark plug socket on them. because they have the capcitor in them you can't use a rubber holder to keep them in the socket. The white piece is too thin to take the stress.(trust me i know) you have to use a regular 5/8 deep socket to put them in. I was worried about them falling out so i used some needle nose pliers to lower them down then wrenched them down.

·
Registered
330 Posts
well now hold on a minute. you can't use a spark plug socket on them. because they have the capcitor in them you can't use a rubber holder to keep them in the socket. The white piece is too thin to take the stress.(trust me i know) you have to use a regular 5/8 deep socket to put them in. I was worried about them falling out so i used some needle nose pliers to lower them down then wrenched them down.
i used this magnet pole to lower mine down their and then i used a 5/8 or something i cant remember i dont have a spark plug tool though so i dont know about that.......

1 - 20 of 44 Posts