Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i have a suzuki sj410 1987 and i have bought a 1.3cc suzuki jimny engine from a 2000 module, i should not have much trouble fitting it ,but does any one know the legal side of it and would i have to get an enigneers and is there anything else that i need to know report,thanks alex .

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You would need to declare the mods to your insurance company and to send off the V5 with the new capacity and engine number. You wouldn't normally need an engineers report.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers

Hi,thanks very much as i was told that i would need a engineers report by some one that used to do cars and thinks they know everything

·
Registered
201 Posts
...it does depend on your country and other conditions... for example, i live in australia, and im a P-plater... im not allowed to make ANY performance modifications to a car i drive. engine swaps included. i have heard that apparently if its mod plated its then ok...

another thing, i dont know what the rules are on getting roadworthy certificates on modified cars, especially if its a DIY job and not done at a certified mechanic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts