Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 1999 Vitara JLX 1.6 (Spain) 5 doors.

I would like to change the engine oil which is very few now. Before i add new 10 W 40, i want to drain out it's old oil.

I took the photo and attached. Is this oil pan and drain plug ?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
Oil pan drain plug, yes. Check your Owner's Manual as 5W-30 is probably the recommended oil. Change the oil filter too! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help :) I did it and drain out it's old oil. (attach 3) And as you see there were very few oil in it. (attach 1).. it was 7000 km. but already finished.

The problem is i am at the mountain now and there is no service around Therefore I have to do everything by myself. (attach 2)

I have new 3 lt oil with me but no filter :( I should clean old filter as much as i can. When i turned back to city i immediately change it in the service. Is this work ?

By the way, where is this filter ?

thank you again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you again very much. I dont have any manual yet, so your help is really much appreciated. The service changed before 10W40 so i got the same. But next time i will change it with 5W30 if it is recomended.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry i couldn't response immediately because i was in moutain and had some connection problems. Now i turned back to city again. Thanks for your help it was much appreciated.

As i told there was very few oil in the pan. Actualy 2000 km before it changed. 3 lt of 10W40 Castrol Magnetec. After 1000 km i added 2 lt oil too. 2000 km, all 5 lt oil gone in 2 monthes. isn't that too much ?

Ps: I hope you liked your travel to Antalya and Izmir. Hopefully i wish to drive in South Carolina roads one day :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 litres is not enough - that engine requires 4.2
I am at the city now, so i can add as much oil as it requires. To come from the mountain i used 3 lt which was beside me. But i couldn't changed the filter. Do you advice me add 1 lt more now ?

Actualy i am thinking where this 4.5 lt oil gone. Can it be burned ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
You have a serious oil consumption issue. Either leaking or burning (smoke from tailpipe), my friend. :(

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
OIL consumption (burning) would be heavy and blue smoke, almost constantly at the rate you are going through oil.

You must have leaks. :(

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
Do you advice me add 1 lt more now ?
Add enough oil to put the level at or close to the full mark on the dipstick, and if the engine is using oil (burning or leaking), you'll need to keep an eye on that level and top it up as required.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love my Vitara and honestly i am very happy with it. Just some problems that i have to solve on that. First one is the oil, sure i always take at least 3-4 lt of extra oil at the back whereever i go. If there is a leak (it seems there is as you told) i must find it immediately because i know very well, it is very important for the Engine. Last saturday i put new oil, in 1 week around 300 km, 1 lt gone already. This is not normal. I will show the service as your advices and after that i will write here what they say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.