Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed from the stock radio to the Kenwood Excelon DPX791BH. It is Bluetooth, Sirius xm ready (which I mainly use because of aforementioned reception issue) and hd radio.
I used to get tons of fm radio and am stations. Now all I get is buzzing for am radio and static for fm radio. Stations that I used to barely get with the stock radio now can't be received.
How can I fix this problem? Is there something I'm missing that made the stock radio able to pickup stations the kenwood can't?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check the blue wire coming off the back of the aftermarket radio.
Is it connected to anything?

Many cars require a 12v trigger to turn on a powered antenna.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the blue wire coming off the back of the aftermarket radio.
Is it connected to anything?

Many cars require a 12v trigger to turn on a powered antenna.
I didn't think I had a powered antenna so I just taped the blue wire up and didn't connect it to anything. Where does it connect to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Understand I am not referring to an antenna that goes up and down.
Most new vehicles have a module that is connected to the antenna that requires power.

Without a wiring diagram it is hard to know exactly if this car has it.
What you can do is take a really good look at the wiring harness in the vehicle to verify every wire is connected.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Understand I am not referring to an antenna that goes up and down.
Most new vehicles have a module that is connected to the antenna that requires power.

Without a wiring diagram it is hard to know exactly if this car has it.
What you can do is take a really good look at the wiring harness in the vehicle to verify every wire is connected.
I believe your correct. I would think the blue wire from the new stereo needs to be connected to the White/Green wire that connected to the original stereo.
I am a little confused though as it shows the W/G going to black which is normally earth.
What I found...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts