Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah..... me and my dad just changed the head gasket on my 98 Wagon-R GL, and we got a valve job and all that good stuff, replaced all the gaskets that we were supposed to. but it wouldn't start after we put it back together and i was snooping around in the engine and i looked in the radiator and there was oil in it. i'm not really that much of a mechanic, but thats bad, right? anybody know whats going on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
well, im not a mechanic, but i have been working on cars since i was like about 8. it sounds like you have the head gasket, or some gasket on wrong, most likely you don't have the gasketr sealing perfectly, sounds like oil leaked by the gasket, and into the water passages. Other than that, i would say take it to a shop.

Originally posted by Deandra@Aug 10 2004, 06:59 AM
yeah..... me and my dad just changed the head gasket on my 98 Wagon-R GL, and we got a valve job and all that good stuff, replaced all the gaskets that we were supposed to. but it wouldn't start after we put it back together and i was snooping around in the engine and i looked in the radiator and there was oil in it. i'm not really that much of a mechanic, but thats bad, right? anybody know whats going on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts