Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a Suzuki Sx4 2008 and was wondering if there would be a significant change if I change all the 4 tires to a smaller size. It comes with 205/60/R16 but I wanted to go with 205/55/R16. I'd use it mainly for driving in the city (not the best conditioned streets tho) and some roadtrips with dirt streets and that.

You think the change can affect a lot?

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Will be 1 cm (0.4 in) closer to the ground and indicated speed and mileage will be 3% higher than actual.
Period

·
Registered
862 Posts
______circ(in) height(in)
205 65 15 80,1 25,5 MY WINTER TIRE
205 60 16 80,7 25,7 ORIGINAL
215 65 16 84,8 27,0 OVERSIZE

225 40 18 78,8 25,1 UNDERSIZE

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know I'm going under size. But $400 for rims and tires that will last 2 years at least. Couldn't pass that up.
I'm going for a Ricer look. Big shiny rims and skinny rubber should look great to the kids. (It's all about street cred. Right?)
Here is a handy calculator I use to compare tire sizes. https://tiresize.com/calculator
Marty

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The tire size is 225 40 18.
I didn't even look at the rim specks before I installed them. I think they are 18x7 with a 40 offset. (That's what I recall from the Kijiji ad.)
If I keep the car past the useful amount of rubber on the tires I will get a little bigger next time. Just for fuel economy and look. (I haven't noticed any change from the stock ones.)
I think a little more rubber might look better. So maybe a 225 45 or 225 50. I haven't run those #'s through the calculator to see if they will fit.
MArty

·
Registered
7 Posts
The tire size is 225 40 18.
I didn't even look at the rim specks before I installed them. I think they are 18x7 with a 40 offset. (That's what I recall from the Kijiji ad.)
If I keep the car past the useful amount of rubber on the tires I will get a little bigger next time. Just for fuel economy and look. (I haven't noticed any change from the stock ones.)
I think a little more rubber might look better. So maybe a 225 45 or 225 50. I haven't run those #'s through the calculator to see if they will fit.
MArty
thanks for the reply marty, how's your driving now? was it doing better?
by the way what is the size of your rim?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Forgetting about the "Look" aspect, and from a strict engineering aspect,
narrower tires when run at higher pressure will give you the very best mileage.
Wider tires can give you better traction, like in sand, but at the cost of MPG.
I use a tire that is two sizes wider than the OEM's, but I also run them at 42 psi. for increased handling and MPG.

Depending on the tread type, you might even see improved performance and cornering.

Cheers Mates
Shadow :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts