Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed the optional center armrest ? I know it fits into the little square slot at the end of the console trim, but how does it attach firmly from there ?? Any drilling? Does it come with necessary hardware ?? :confused:

·
Registered
143 Posts
the OEM armrest attahces with glue. then they found out there was a problem with it breaking loose, so they redesigned it, and now have a different model # for the armrest. im not sure if they glue and screw it now tho. i bought the non OEM armrest off ebay and installed it myself with just the 4 supplied screws. it may not look perfectly OEM like the, well, OEM armrest, but i like it better due to the fact that it has a retractable cup holder for the rear passanger.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed a OEM issue armrest in my 08 SX4 sedan a few months ago. It cost around
$130.00 at the dealer.

Step one: carefully pry off the top parts of the consule from the rear part (where single
square cup holder is) tilting it towards to gear shifter.

Step two: (applies to AWD models only) unplug drive selector switch plug for
2WD/AWD selector switch

Step three: pry off the lower consule extensions at the front of the lower part
of the consule on each side.

Step four: remove all of the screws for the lower part of the consule that are
now exposed.

Step five: remove consule assy from vehicle. It will simply lift out once all the
screws are removed from step four.

Step six: remove and discard original metal bracket bolted to floor and replace
it with the different bracket furnished in the armrest kit.

Step seven: take removed consule to a work table, look at the directions to find
measure mark and drill 4 holes in consule. There are two holes to be drilled in the
back of the consule and one hole on each side. Drill first with a 1/8" bit, then enlarge
holes to 3/16" and finally upsize each hole to 5/16".

Step eight: reinstall lower part of consule in to vehicle. Reinstall all factory bolts, and
extension panels removed in step three.

Step nine: snap back on the top part of the consule.

Step ten: fasten the armrest to the new floor bracket, with kit supplied screws, that was put in in step six.

Step eleven: Pop on decorative black caps supplied in kit over four screw holes that
bolt armrest to floor bracket.

You're done!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if this will work on an SX4 Sedan with a 5-speed? Would it interfere with shifting, or is there sufficient clearance?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just wanted to post to say thank you to socarboy99 for his instructions -- they definitely helped me interpret the picture-only-metric-only installation pdf!

Installation went fine. Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got this one from amazon

I just installed this one from Amazon and am very happy with it; for anyone currently looking. My review on Amazon is from 6/7/14.

Blk Leather Armrest Center Console for Suzuki SX-4 New
by phgiveu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts