Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i install the cd player for my RENO will it void my warranty.
Because dealer told me it will. Anybody knows anything about it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
a CD player shouldnt void warranty on your car, that sounds like a big load of crap, a CD player doesnt affect the performance of the car and shouldnt damage anything.....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Did the Suzuki dealer tell you this, or the car audio dealer?

If it was the car audio guy, it sounds like a pushy sales tactic to have them do the install, instead of doing it yourself.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
rustik23 said:
If i install the cd player for my RENO will it void my warranty.
Because dealer told me it will. Anybody knows anything about it?
It will only void it if the aftermarket radio was the cause of the problem and even then only the the problem that was caused by the radio is voided, not the rest of the car.

·
Registered
338 Posts
the worst that will happen is you'll blow a fuse.. and also.. I have an aftermarket radio in my car.. the dealer said nothing about it last time I was in there.. then again, they may have been distracted by all the other mods (CAI, Exhaust, Neons.. etc) lol

ooh, and also.. the law protects you, so unless your radio somehow causes damage.. than your good.. they'll prolly find some other loophole..

·
Registered
282 Posts
The next worse thing is whoever removes the trim panel forgets to disconnect the heater cables and breaks the a/c control panel! Not warranty.

Don

·
Registered
12 Posts
basicly, if u put a radio, anythign that may break in that area there gunna say was because of the radio and say its not under warrenty cause thats how they are

1 - 11 of 11 Posts