Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 sammy 4x4 1,3 engine. My question is can I remove the cat. It is stopped up. Will the engine give any codes such as EGR or 02 sensor. I don't know if it has a CEL light on it. May have I am not sure, Everything works.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes!:D but.... it is not legal strictly:eek:. If you are sure you wont have to pass some inspection it probably wont be an issue. I would just hollow it out if you can so it still looks like it is there:cool:.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cat

That is a great idea I will hollow it out. There is not an inspection where I live.
Any idea on how I can hollow it out. Torch,drill or punch.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it looks like a ceramic honecomb inside you can just us a long punch or rod to break it up just make sure all the loose stuff comes out[ watch the dust it is full of heavy metal ie mask and eye protection]

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
you can sell it to a metal recycler. There's valuable precious metal baked into the core. That's why they cost so dang much. Platinum, and Irridium.

A reputable metal recycler will requrie your I.D. and vin# so that they know they aren't buying cores from a CAT burgler. You can get 50-100 dollars for a smaller one. Some of the larger cats can be recycled for a couple hundred.

Davis Recycling Inc :: Sell My Converter
this place will give you an online or over the phone quote and you ship it to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts