Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone make a case for or against adding Fog Lights or the Mud Flaps to my new SX4 Crossover?

I live up in Maine so there is plenty of snow and salty roads. I don't do a lot of dirt/muddy roads, but sometimes it comes up. So I'm thinking the flaps might be a good idea to help protect my new ride.

I have no experience with a vehicle with fog lights. It seems like a good idea, but the price is making me balk a bit. We don't get a ton of foggy days, but might they be helpful in snowy weather or when other stuff is falling out of the sky? Or just an overall boon for night driving?

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
the ebay raised letter mudflaps, from seller scmchew on ebay are worth the price, they seem to alot better then the ones directly from Suzuki. the install is a little more complicated then it should be, but ive had them for almost a year now and have not had anything go wrong with them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't consider them fog lights. I consider them deer lights. If you've got a healthy deer population on the roads you travel in darkness, they're worth the money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the ebay raised letter mudflaps, from seller scmchew on ebay are worth the price, they seem to alot better then the ones directly from Suzuki. the install is a little more complicated then it should be, but ive had them for almost a year now and have not had anything go wrong with them.
They seem better than Suzuki's, eh? The main thing with installation is getting longer screws, right? That I could likely handle tracking down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i ended up going into the basement and finding some bolts. i dont remember if they wer 5/8ths or not, but they were fair size bolts, width wise, and just used those. they screwed into the holes where the plastic pop out rivet things are. simple as pie once i tracked down which ones to use. the longest part of the install was running up and down the stairs trying out different sized bolts. i spray painted them black tho so they silver wouldnt shine thru so much, and so they wouldnt corrode. heres a somewhat bad pic to show what they look like (the bolts).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts