Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , from the States !.just got on here , find it interesting...Are there not many Carry 4 x 4 trucks around ? They are a hot item now in the US. just got mine last week. dealers can't keep em on the lot !
If anyone knows , I want to upgrade mine for snow plowing. Need heavy duty struts, rear shocks, tires,wheels.. Are there any other models that are interchangeable , parts wise ? Any after market stuff ? Already have 72" plow mounted, but stock tires let it bottom out quickly unless I go real slow !
Back in the 70s I had a Suzuki, jeep type unit, that was 2 cycle, low on power, but , sure a lot of fun , on the ski slopes ! I don't remember what that model was called....I wonder if it had the same undercarriage as the Carry ? I think it had oversize wheels and tires, 15" maybe.Soft top,yellow,very cute as the girls would say...I was a lot younger then !!

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 70's zuk you had was an L J 10 up to L J 80 depending on the engine size and year. My 97 tracker has the same ladder frame as my 82 sami, the only difference is my sami has a solid straight axel in the front where my tracker has an independent trans axel up front. I know some of the Carrys have the same eng as my sammi (980c.c.) so I would assume the frames are the same.
Check out this site. Suzuki LJ10 and LJ20 Info etc. www.lj10.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts