Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would seem that finding technical information on the Carry 4WD truck is not as easy as I had hoped. In any event, I have an '03 and am in desperate need of new tires. The current wheels are 12" and it would seem that a "light trailer" tire (155/80-12) are my only streetable options in this size. The existing tires are Kumho "145R12 6 P.R. LT".

I did some checking and determined that it has a 4x100 PCD. This opens up the possibility of using a smaller 13" Honda Civic wheels. It just so happens I found a set of old school steelies.

Unfortunately, the cost to replace the worn out 13" tires (155/80-13) on these wheels is virtually the same as with the OEM 12" wheel on the Carry.

Also, how wide can you go without rubbing the suspension or chassis?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did some checking and determined that it has a 4x100 PCD. This opens up the possibility of using a smaller 13" Honda Civic wheels.

Discount tire still has that 4 cheapo tires for $129 bux billboard around there - dont they ?

PCD100 gives you PLENTY of options...

Craigslist, local classifieds... there may be a ton of choices just waiting to be discovered...

Currently I have 14" mags using tire size 185 60 / 14

However there is still a LOT of space from the rubber to the vehicle body. I am contemplating going up to 185 70+ / 14 for a better look and smoother ride over potholes :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings! As I understand it, the Suzuki truck / van, F6 Motor, is not drivable or tag a ble on US streets, it is only authorized for farm , off road. It does not meet safety standards.
Did U ever GOOGLE Japanese Mini Trucks?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Discount tire still has that 4 cheapo tires for $129 bux billboard around there - dont they ?

PCD100 gives you PLENTY of options...

Craigslist, local classifieds... there may be a ton of choices just waiting to be discovered...

Currently I have 14" mags using tire size 185 60 / 14

However there is still a LOT of space from the rubber to the vehicle body. I am contemplating going up to 185 70+ / 14 for a better look and smoother ride over potholes :D
What wheel width and wheel offset are you using? Do you have pictures of your truck setup?

Greetings! As I understand it, the Suzuki truck / van, F6 Motor, is not drivable or tag a ble on US streets, it is only authorized for farm , off road. It does not meet safety standards.
Did U ever GOOGLE Japanese Mini Trucks?
Googling "japanese mini trucks" does NOT bring up the options that I am looking for. I am wanting to do a Kei truck build for the street, whether it is legal here or not. All the sites here are for hunters and farmers who use them for off-road duty. I would like to turn it into a little something more special.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What wheel width and wheel offset are you using? Do you have pictures of your truck setup?
My ideal mags would be reverse/negative offset, however I was giving away an old import beater that happened to have nice mags...

fortunately they bolted right up... even as my Suzuki was originally fitted with 12inch wheels...

riding on 14 inch wheels makes it feel more like a vehicle... and less like a toy...

Maybe this will help you out... from this youtube video you will find more "similar videos" on the sidebar... so get some ideas for fixing up yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdP9_n2Zao

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
185/60-14 seem awfully large for clearance issues. Of course, 14" wheels are much easier to find in 4x100 than the 13".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the time being I am using Honda Civic EF 13" steel wheels. Decided to give them some paint (don't mind the overspray on the tires because they are trashed and are going to be replaced) with a bit of a retro look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts