Suzuki Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'94 Suzuki Carry. I found a replacement at NAPA and installation went smoothly. When I turned the headlights on the new sealed beam was literally a vertical line. NAPA replaced it thinking it was a manufacture's error but the second one did the same. What did I do wrong or will these replacements not work for some reason??

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings! I assume you are in US?
Is it a round light, or the long cats eye?
Ford and LTD 1977 lights should fit if it is round.
Where were the lights made?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Headlight Adjustment

Hi there! can someone teach me how to adjust my suzuki curry cats eye headlight? For a quick reference, can someone post a picture of the front and back side of the cats eye headlight? In that way I may know if its the same as my headlight. Please help. Thanks and Godbless.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hijacking the post is not good. The halogen are not for use in Philippines's they are focused to the left for Japan. Yes much brighter, but it blinds the oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How is posting something hijacking your post...? You are wrong on several points....! I said using H4 would be better, the guy lives in USA so would have to buy len'es suited to left hand drive trucks. I am a retired american living in Davao...30 years as a mechanic usa, australia and new zealand and here.
Every Suzuki carry from the cats eye model use's H4 bulbs and japan domestic model len'es not meant for left hand drive!!! For being a expert...? you seem ill informed....

·
Registered
553 Posts
The ratting is from the forum, not me.
Japan domestic vehicle (Every, and Carry) lights are for right hand drive countries. The glass / plastic housing whether cats eye, or round, is where the dip beam is focused from, not the light, so a brighter light focused to the wrong way is not good, and blinds oncoming drivers. I had the cat eye's on my van changed to round and use sealed beam as the adjustment of the light would not allow it to be focused any other way
Here is a good artical on this.
Left and Right Hand Drive Headlamp Issues | JAS Oceania | Auto Electrical Products

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are missing my point...no one makes left hand lenes for cats eye and later suzuki's so all the guys in Canada and USA will never have the correct lights. Because they do not exist.
I have 90/130 watt H4 off road bulbs in my catseye van....WHY? Because NO ONE in the PHILIPPINES know's how to drive! Pedestrians... use "THE MAGIC HAND' to cross the road without looking! i have lived here 9 years motorcycle and cars ....this country has the 1 traffic rule "ME FIRST' You have posts on here with K6A stuff you own... have you put 7 inch sealed beam lights in them too????

·
Registered
553 Posts
This is a car forum post of hopefully useful information, and the correct way to do things. Your point is that because no one else follows the rules, you also will not.
If you have round headlights in the Americas, the 77 Ford LTD lights will fit.
if you are in the Philippines, they also have a round light that is sealed beam, and fits right in and can be adjusted which seams to be what the OP was about.
Any chance you are on LIC forum as well?
if you have cats eye lights, they can be changed to round very cheaply here in RP, as well as windshield wiper orientation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am posting information....! any 7 inch 12 volt sealed beam will fit a round eye carry they were mandatory until 1984 by law in USA. Why would I change halogen bulbs to 1970's crap? You can fit left hand drive H4 lenes to your truck they are available here in Philppines, go any Toyota dealer and buy lenes for 79 series land cruiser....they bolt straight in. My points are correct...I have had a drivers license for 51+ years, have been a mechanic almost the same amount of years. This morning I assembled my new rebuilt F6A short block for my 1992 carry truck....next week is a surplus cyl head and a rebuild of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.