Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, I need some urgent advice from fellow suzuki drivers… I have a Suzuki 1997 which has a universal weber downdraft carburetor in it (which I’m guessing was fitted for better performance / power ??) The jeep is doing approx. 6.8km per litre and I’ve been told should be doing 10.6km per litre. My mechanic has now suggested I fit a standard or similar to standard Suzuki carburetor which will improve fuel consumption but I will feel a decrease in power.. Does anyone suggest I make the change and suffer with even less power or just deal with the expense of using more petrol. It’s already quite shit to drive up a hill at 60km/h), but how much worse can it be if I put a standard Suzuki carburetor back in? In absolutely anyone’s opinion, WHAT SHOULD I DO ??? In such instances, its tough being a girl..

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello, the webber is a good carbie, i am running a izuzu 2 litre engine with a jetted webber in my sierra and i get 10kms per litre, the carby might need a kit putting through it, or the power valve has probs or just simply set up wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts