Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a 1993 Suzuki Swift GLS G13B engine 4 cylinder and I am seeking a replacement CARBURETOR new or used it doesn't matter. The problem I'm having is, whenever I'm going uphill the car looses power, I know its not the engine because I recently bored the block and put in bigger pistons and rings. The thing is I don't know what type or model the one on my car is but I have some photos. Can someone please help me with tge description of this carburetor. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,459 Posts
That's the double barreled Aisin carburetor that was used on GE (general export) models of the Swift - Dudley is slightly off - a 93 Swift would be an SF413-2, the carbs are the same but the jetting is very slightly different.

Have you tried cleaning the carb? Make sure the vacuum operated secondary throttle plate is opening freely, and the secondary main jet is not blocked - the carbs are jetted slightly lean on the primary (for economy) and richer on the secondary (for power) - it's not unusual for the secondary throttle plate to get "gummy" on cars that are gently driven, and because it's vacuum operated, a damaged diaphragm (visible behind the throttle cable in #8) will prevent it from opening, severely limiting airflow & top end power.

They are good carbs and more than adequate for the G13B even with a rebore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much fordem that's alot of info I can research.. I haven't tried cleaning it because I have no clue whatsoever as it relates to doing such...however I will definitely get some help based on your info l. Also would you recommend me to purchase an overall kit for this carb before doing this what type of kit should I look for? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and by the way do u know where I can source this same model, do they still make them or is there any other type that is identical that will work just in case?

·
Super Moderator
12,459 Posts
The overhaul kit is not a bad idea, but should not be considered absolutely necessary - it will typically include the various joints, which can be made from gasket paper if the kit is not available, some kits will include replacement jets (most don't), some will include the accelerator pump diaphragm - make sure you get the right one, there are two, square & triangular, I expect that carb to have the square one.

Essentially what you're going to be doing is removing the carb from the manifold (drain the cooling system first), disassembling it and cleaning it - so to speak washing it down with gasolene or with an aerosol carburetor cleaner, make sure any sediment in the float bowl is washed out, spray the cleaner through the various passages & jets, making sure the various linkages, throttle/choke plates, etc., move freely.

If you've never cleaned a carb before it would be a good idea to find someone with experience, not necessarily on this carb, to guide you.

Personally I don't see why you should need a replacement, the only thing on those carbs that wears would be the body where the throttle spindle passes and those can easily be "rebushed" - any reasonably equipped machine shop should be able to turn them up from brass stock.

I doubt that you can find these carbs new - you are talking about a 23 year old car - but they may have been used on later production coming out of the Indian (Maruti) or Pakistan (PakSuzuki) plants, as carbs were still used there, long after the rest of the world had switched to fuel injection.

By the way, asking where you can get stuff from without letting us know where you are is sort of "self defeating" - if I told you that Rays should have the overhaul kits would that help you any?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again fordem...I would definitely have someone who is qualified to look at it, and to your point correctly the throttle spindle on mine is definitely weared so I guess the machine shop sound like a good idea. Oh and it relates to my location in Florida...hope that will provide me with more assistance.. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
12,459 Posts
Florida!! That would have been the last place I would have thought. How on earth did you get a carbed SF413 there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol.....oh sorry for the misinformation im currently in Florida but the car is in Jamaica I'm here just for a few weeks so that's why I'm trying to source the carby..

·
Super Moderator
12,459 Posts
You're unlikely to find that carb in the US, or a rebuild kit for it - all US market Swifts were EFI.

Try Stewart's (at home), Simpson Motors (in Barbados) or if you have friends in Antigua, they may be able to pick up a used one - at one point used Swift parts were plentiful there.

The 63E10 would be the last half of the part number.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts