Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Here's the deal. I bought an 87 samurai not too long ago and I went to take it out and go play in the snow we had about a week ago. Well I started it up and started driving it and it started cutting out and if you gave it any gas at all it wanted to die. It would bearly move. So I took it to a guy I know that owns a shop right down the road from me and he got to looking at it and the carb itself has a air leak on it. I'm 17 I don't know much about it. I guess the carb itself is cracked or something. Anyway he told me that the stock carbs on these are junk and I need to get a weber. Well I am on a tight budget me being 17 and a new weber is 300 off of ebay. I talked to a couple other people and they say that the webers are very hard to tune and a lot prefer the stock carb over the weber. My question is should I save my money for a weber. or would a good stock one be good? I just wanna ride the samurai again its a blast.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Look for a Hyundai Pony Carb. These came on 1980's Hyundai's in Canada and I'm sure there are a ton of them out there for cheap. I run one on a 1.6L and love it, I actually removed my weber and went back to the Pony carb for the same reason of it being finnicky and poor fuel economy. I'm sure that I could have spent the time figuring out the Weber but I had one of these Pony carbs kicking around and I have had nothing but good luck with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts