Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just took the carb off to go through everything, as I have to go through emissions testings and know everything isn't 100%. After popping the top off, I sprayed out all the passages, set the float, set the choke, and made sure everything was clean. However, now that it's on the car again, when I try to start it the car revs out of control.

The throttle linkage side valve is closed, I'm not sure about the the other plate, but it looks to me like they're on the same shaft? I bottle tested the float bowl level, and it doesn't fill up. It looks like all the gas is leaking out of the accelerator pump somehow, dripping from the carb body below it. The base of the carb is wet with gas. I took the choke and the wot/closed throttle switch linkages apart, and while I'm pretty sure I got everything together right, I don't have any good diagrams to verify.

Does anybody know whats up? I'm pretty desperate as this is my only vehicle and it needs to get me to work tomorrow, or it will probably be towed....

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Hitachi carb. I figure out my initial problems. I had bent the bracket holding the vacuum actuator of the secondary butterfly valve, which caused it to stay open. The boot on the accelerator pump was also ripped which, along with the tilt of the car, allowed the gas to flow out without filling the bowl properly.

I now have a new problem though.... When the car idles it has a very lowd sqeak/buzz. It sounds like its coming from the carb or fuel pump. As I get on the throttle it dies out, and by like 1/8th throttle it is completely gone. When traveling at speed if I release the throttle it returns. The car now idles poorly also, and I can't consistently set the idle. Anybody heard this before? It's got to be a common problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts