Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Karma's a b*tch.

I've been posting on everybody elses thread about their Carb problems with my own unique solutions and now my Carb is pooping out and none of my own advice is working.

I have a Hyundai Pony Carb on my 1.6L 8V with an electric fuel pump. Right now it will start and idle fine but when to start to accellerate it bogs down with a horrible "sucking" sound and once I mash the throttle it fumbles and then goes like hell. Basically all or nothing unless I hit a huge bump (read: catch air!) then it works okay for awhile. I've replaced the fuel filter and was wondering if it is something sticking in the carb itself that a fuel additive will fix or will I have to throw my weber back on and suffer the fuel economy loss?

Must get it going right away as it is my work truck, today is too damn cold to work on it (-24 celcius) but want get to it first thing in the morning if it warms up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely sounds like a fuel starvation problem. Usually if it runs at idle and then bogs when the throttle is opened it's a symptom of a plugged primary circuit. Have you taken the carb apart and cleaned it thouroughly? If the fuel supply to it is good then it should be just a piece of s$$t on a jet or passage somewhere in the primary circuit.
Led.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts