Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello a few days ago I started a water pump and timing belt change its all done but when I reconnected the battery nothin is happening accept some sounds, the lights come on and blinkers work but engine won't turn over. Advice

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
Let's clarify a couple of things...

What car & engine - try putting it in your signature so you don't have to put it in every new thread you start.

What sounds?

What lights?

And last but by no means least - what does "turn over" mean to YOU ? To me it means that the starter turns the engine over when you twist the key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
suzuki swift sport p0335

Hi,
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I have a similar problem.
It is a 2009 Swift Sport. Never had any problems up until the other day and nothing has been changed/fixed.
I pulled up outside our local shops, popped in and out, and upon returning to the car it wouldn't start. I was only gone a minute or two. When I say it wouldn't start I mean it wouldn't crank. Turned the key and no cranking. I could vaguely hear 4 or 5 quiet ticks from under the bonnet. The ticks were not loud enough to be starter solenoid ticks. My initial thought was the battery in the key fob or an immobiliser problem. I thought taking the key far enough away to be out of range then coming back might have an effect (keyless start). This made no difference. I was just about to give up and call for a tow to a garage and thought I'd give it one last try.... The car started. It ran fine although the check engine light was on. I used the car every day for about a week with no problems. The check engine light went off on the journey home and stayed off.
After the weekend I went to start it on Monday morning and the same thing happened. All the lights are on but no cranking.
I borrowed a OBD reader and it shows the code P0335. I cleared the code and tried to start the car, same thing. No cranking. I left it where it was for a week and used the other half's car to go to work. I've tried it once or twice during the week with no success. I just thought I'd try it tonight, and it started first time. The check engine light came on again though. It runs fine as if nothing was ever wrong.
So my question is.. has this ever happened to anyone else before? Any ideas? I don't want to risk using the car for work and getting stranded.
Please help.
Thanks,
Damon

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
13,254 Posts
Did you not read here that erasing codes makes it more difficult to diagnose, at least for me.. however there are some more informed..

I would first perform a CAM/Crank correlation test.. The waveform would discover if there is an issue will command signals from those sensors..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.