Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 exteem. automatic. it started yesterday morning out of the blue. car turned on just fine, let it idle for a few minutes to warm up but when i went to pull away from the curb my car wouldnt move forward. i pressed the gas all the way to the floor and after about 10-15 seconds my car started to crawl forward, it eventually gained normal speed but took forever to get there. everytime i stopped it would take me another few seconds to start moving forward again. any ideas?????????

·
Registered
5 Posts
check youre engine mounts, on a buddys car, one came loose and he had very little torque, turns out one of the mounts was dangerously loose and the motor would flip back and forth everytime he revved it. Sounded goofy to me, but thats what it was with the same symptoms you are having

·
Super Moderator
4,433 Posts
it has nothing to do with the motor mounts. Sounds like a trans issue. When was the last time you checked the fluid or changed it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It could also be the trans fluid, and being automatic, there is a red dipstick and you can check the level, but I wouldn't rule out motor mounts, check them both, you never know, and especially not seeing the car, how can you say it has nothing to do with them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts