Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2008 Suzuki Sx4 Base. 13,6061 mileage. My location is in Florida, USA. My car shuts off without warning, whether it's in park, when im coming to a stop light, stop sign or when im making a turn. It completely dies without any warning. But it restarts right away. Sometimes it shuts off right after i restart it, then I'll have to restart again. I got a new camshaft sensor just to see if that's the problem, but it still shuts down. Without any warning. And also, there's no check Engine light. So it's not giving any code at all. Is anyone had or is having this problem? Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First you need to distinguish if it is a fuel or ignition shutdown...

.... Philip
Im not sure. I would have to park, turn the ignition off, then restart. Could that be the ignition shut down? Every mechanic in town doesn't know what could cause it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First you need to distinguish if it is a fuel or ignition shutdown...

.... Philip
And also, when im driving, at times it feels like my car is tugging. And when i let the car runs it sounds like its wanting to die, then it revs itself back up. Kinda like its fighting not to die.

·
Registered
19 Posts
just figured i would go obvious did you check for codes or just not seeing a light on so there are no codes. might have some stored codes that are not setting the light off.

If it was mine i would start cheap swap you ignition relay out with a new one might be getting old and weak. then i would check all major ground connections for corrosion/looseness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just figured i would go obvious did you check for codes or just not seeing a light on so there are no codes. might have some stored codes that are not setting the light off.

If it was mine i would start cheap swap you ignition relay out with a new one might be getting old and weak. then i would check all major ground connections for corrosion/looseness.
We checked for codes & nothing. We even changed my spark plugs & it still shuts off. :disappointed: it's depressing. My mechanic tried every wire. He did notice that the wire on the pig tail for the cam sensor was a bit loose. We tried to order the pigtail but can not find one that fits my car.

·
Registered
862 Posts
SOmetimes the most simple explanation is the right one. I had similar behaviour with another car....the ignition switch was the culprit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOmetimes the most simple explanation is the right one. I had similar behaviour with another car....the ignition switch was the culprit.
We tried that too. :disappointed: still shutting off. We were thinking it could be the ECM for the engine? If I were to get a used one, does it have to be reprogrammed?

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Not likely the ECU... do you hang many keys on ignition?

Try ignition key only, no weight...

... Philip

·
Registered
35 Posts
Last resort then...Go to the dealer have them do a diagnostic check, it should cost you $120.00 haggle with them. Tests will run about 3 hrs.
The dealer always have special tools and tests to pinpoint the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts