Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
viper,and prestige are popular ,i have a prestige got it installed with two fobs for just over $200.00,for double the price i could of got the alarm \car starter unit which i now regret not gettin especially in the winter.lol.oh and the alarm fobs will replace your suzuki fobs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
alarms

i work at a dealership in florida and our electronics/audio guy set up a sx4 same fabs as grand v with an alarm, shock sensors on the car and remote start as well, it cost the customer around 320 bucks. i'll see him again on tuesday the 7th with more info on how he did it.

phil

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i work at a dealership in florida and our electronics/audio guy set up a sx4 same fabs as grand v with an alarm, shock sensors on the car and remote start as well, it cost the customer around 320 bucks. i'll see him again on tuesday the 7th with more info on how he did it.

phil
Cool, I look forward to hearing from you. Can you get the brand of the alarm system possibly?

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey wasup well i used to sell this crap and well let me tell you from expariance. you dont wanna go too cheap but anything made by directed electronics (DEI) is excelent and the best on market!!! they make all the snakes (viper, python, cobra.....) and if you look at their key fabs you will see that they all look the same. i peronally wouldnt go through the dealer....no offense...and if you try you will find a good price. there are lots of options available too with the system so its all up to you how far you wanna go...if you need more info send me a PM

·
Registered
251 Posts
Stick with DEI, trust me, best of the best, and they have the best customer support. If you need a deal on any DEI products, contact me and I will get you one at cost + a small gas fee and shipping.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the viper 350 hv is the exact same one i installed into my GV and I LOVE IT!!!! the system works perfectly and the settings allow you to change the sensitivity. definatelly a good buy for a not bad of a price.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yes it is a nice basic alarm, but $200 installed, I am hoping he is getting something, because those alarms are usually like $150 installed.

·
Super Moderator
17,872 Posts
My son and I put a Clifford alarm (DEI also) in one of his rides. He's happy. TONS of perks too, like the windows roll down by remote and remote start too. A real PITA to do it yourself though.
Clifford - Vehicle Security | Remote Start | GPS Tracking

I installed the DEI Python in my Nova. No probs there.

BestBuy and Circuit City sell and install several brands.

·
Registered
251 Posts
$200 for just the alarm and basic install is quite a bit, I would try to find a better deal around $125-150 would be best for that specific alarm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
well if you are looking for a cheaper price you wont get it unless you go to a small shop in your town...and if you do bbbbeeee vvvvveerrryyy ccaarreefuuull...dont even think about doing it yourself either because any alarm/remots strart...ect. is the hardest thing you can put in a car and there are so many things you can damage in the process. to me 200 seems fair if its a reliable shop/store, better that than having to worry bout it

·
Registered
251 Posts
I do audio, video, and security installs for a living, I think I would know. $200 is quite high for that alarm and a basic install. Heck if it is only a basic install he could probably do it himself and save a HELL of a lot of money, as a BASIC install is quite simple and straight forward.

·
Registered
63 Posts
bigbadjx said:
I do audio, video, and security installs for a living, I think I would know. $200 is quite high for that alarm and a basic install. Heck if it is only a basic install he could probably do it himself and save a HELL of a lot of money, as a BASIC install is quite simple and straight forward.

um i also used to do it for over 4 years, i think i know what im talking about too, it all depends where he goes....if you would read my posts you would see that...smaller shops charge less, for bigger stores such as best buy, circuit city and such 200 is a verry reasonable price....o and as for do it yourself, i know my way around car audio/electronics and i would definatelly not recomend anyone without experiance or with little experiance to do it. ESPECIALLY on the model GV that he has because when i did my car the wires didnt match the diagram provided so i had to test all the wires to find the ones i needed. not to mention positioning and runing the wires to make it secure and practical. its easy to say that its a simple install when its all you do....and if it is all you do than shit bro buy it off ebay and do everything for $60

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
***UPDATE***

Ok, So I checked out this place in Sioux Falls the other day. It's Dashboard by Karl's, which is a bigger chain store for electronics. The staff were pretty "clean" and really seemed to love what they did. They knew what they were talking about and were quite helpful.
I don't get any heebie-jeebies about them, and I've come to trust my own intuition this far in life. I'm thinkin' $200 is reasonable, even though there might be better deals out there...oh well...not real concerned at this point.

Thanks for the awesome feedback everyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts