Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Okinawa. Over here I drive a 1998 Wagon R Wide (+ in the UK & Europe) and a 1992 Cappuccino.

Cheers to all, and if there are any Cappo drivers, lemme know, I'm always looking for information on them...

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
7 Posts
67comet said:
Hello from Okinawa. Over here I drive a 1998 Wagon R Wide (+ in the UK & Europe) and a 1992 Cappuccino.

Cheers to all, and if there are any Cappo drivers, lemme know, I'm always looking for information on them...

Thanks,
Justin
Justin: With a name like that I am guessing you are a US citizen, maybe in the military? If so, s few Qs: I know Cappys went in numbers to Australia--with English-side drive. WHICH SIDE do the Japanese drive on--what is your car--US compatible--left hand drive? I know Cappys haven't come to the US because no collision testing, etc. How much do you pay for a good one there? Can you ship yours here--or even to Canada? I'm hoping to find one that's at least in Canada, then try to find a loophole to drive it across to the US. Have you heard anything? -Thanks, Chris in DC suburbs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Capp in North america

Chris,
Yes I own one in BC Canada, our import laws are different then th US. I imported it myself about 4 years ago. Great car to drive, just keep the rpm up!

Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chris,
Yes I own one in BC Canada, our import laws are different then th US. I imported it myself about 4 years ago. Great car to drive, just keep the rpm up!

Al
Where did you find it, and is it a l h driver model? If so, how did you track down one of those? Approx what cost to ship it to the W coast of N America (I assume that's where you entered it)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought from Japan and shipped by Roro to New Westminister (close to where I live). Here is a link to some info about the production of the cars.
Suzuki Cappuccino - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The cost of shipping at that time was $500usd. It is "champagne" in color and has just had a new windshield replaced by my insurance company. It is currently "tucked away" in my shop for the winter season. The only thing not factory on it is the radio as in Japan they use different freq than NA.

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts