Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for my fuel filter on my 2001 esteem wagon. According to the 1995-2000 shop manual, the fuel filter is on the driver's side firewall. I don't see anything vaguely similar, though. Did they change the location of the filter on the 2001 model? Is the filter easily replaceable? :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
811 Posts
On my 99 Esteem it is on the driver's side more or less next to the brake booster and behind the big rectangular emissions box with all the hoses going into it. The filter is black and has a 90 degree angle connector coming out of the top of it and a straight connector going into the bottom.

It is more less a P.I.T.A. to get out without removing the bolts from the emission box and pushing it to the side a little bit, before you go through all of the work to replace it I would make sure that it is actually the problem.

My car ran fine for over 120k miles before I replaced the fuel filter and then only did so because the manual recommended it, what problem is the car experiencing or are you just replacing it because the owner's manual says that it is time to replace it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2001 Esteem wagon had over 175k miles on it when I got it about a month ago. Overall runs great, but service on it was spotty since about 90k, so I'm slowly going about replacing fluids and filters. I figured the gas filter might be due a change. Car has been occasionally loosing its idle and even shutting down, but apparently this is not related to the cold, as it continues even once the temp has risen. The problem eventually goes away, and this has only happened twice over the past week. I thought the gas filter would be an easy replacement, just to make sure it wasn't cloggling with something. I know, it could be a million other things, and it's not critical, but given the mileage on the car, I though I might as well inquire. Thanks for any & all continued insights!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I also noticed 'no filter' on my o2 Suzi Esteem so i'm itching to see I'man's update! I was going to just add a generic in-line filter but now i'll wait and see.

While on the fuel thread, i was told recently that continuing to fill the gas tank after the first shutoff (other than rounding to the next dollar) could cause flooding of the charcoal fume absorber which if repeated too often, could cause a failed emission test. Is this true?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I also noticed 'no filter' on my o2 Suzi Esteem so i'm itching to see I'man's update! I was going to just add a generic in-line filter but now i'll wait and see.

While on the fuel thread, i was told recently that continuing to fill the gas tank after the first shutoff (other than rounding to the next dollar) could cause flooding of the charcoal fume absorber which if repeated too often, could cause a failed emission test. Is this true?
I'll look up the fuel tank pic, scan and post the FF part.
Yep, its not a good idea, round to the nearest 10 cent and shut off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for my fuel filter on my 2001 esteem wagon. According to the 1995-2000 shop manual, the fuel filter is on the driver's side firewall. I don't see anything vaguely similar, though. Did they change the location of the filter on the 2001 model? Is the filter easily replaceable? :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Reactions: chief2001
1 - 10 of 10 Posts