Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2007 Suzuki Forenza to AAMCO to have the A/C checked out and this is what they told me(directly from Service Description):

"A FREE AC CHECK FOUND HIGH PRESSURE IN THE LOW SIDE AT 68PSI WHEN IT SHOULD BE AROUND 50PSI AND TOO LOW OF PRESSURE ON THE HIGH SIDE AR 95PSI WHEN IT SHOULD BE AROUND 130. THE A/C CLUTCH STAYS ON SO THE COMPRESSOR DOES NOT CYCLE ON AND OFF LIKE IT NEEDS TO BUILD COLD AAMCO RECOMMENDED TO REMOVE THE REFRIGERANT SO IT CAN BE WEIGHED TO SEE IF THE REFRIGERANT LEVELS ARE OKAY WHICH THEY WERE NOT LOW ENOUGH TO CAUSE A PROBLEM. FURTHER DIAGNOSTICS ARE NEEDED TO CONFIRM CAUSE."

So can anyone help translate? The guy told me it could be a cheap electrical repair(I am hoping) or it could be mechanical where they have to either replace the clutch or the whole compressor(which is at least +600$).

So what are your thoughts? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
well it sounds like your compressor isnt coming on so the air isnt getting time to cool at all. seems like they need to look further into the problem ti figure out whats happening. as for the $600 cost i have no idea. you might be able to get the part cheaper. you could try Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store see what their price is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts