Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am lookin for a muffler for the 1600 in my 88 sami that can give it a nice growl, it has the header and im gonna run 2" pipe right to the muffler, but which muffler will give it a nice growl? can anyone help?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was walking through the local farm and ranch supply one day and happen to notice the tractor mufflers. They had one with a 2" inlet and outlet that looked about the right length and was a strait through type. It was only about US$25.00 so I bought it and put it on my sami.

That may be the best 25 bucks I have ever spent.

I noticed a slight increase in power over the cherry bomb turbo (not a bad option in its self) that I had on it at the time, it lasted as long as any other muffler if not longer, and I have yet to hear a better sounding 1300 on anything.

below is a link to the muffler I think I got on there.

stanleymuffler AC-5

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put a thrush on my 1.6 with 2.25" piping and a thorley header and no cat. It sounds mean!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry, its a muffler.
but since we are on topic, Im gonna Hijack, since its such a attractive forum title!

I do experience a bit of torque loss off of idle. I attribute that to low back pressure.
However. If I am cruising and give a jab to the throttle, I feel a bit of hesitation, or possible even what feels as momentary loss of ignition spark.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya no prob. As for the hesitation could very well be low back pressure, how about welding a washer somewhere in the exhaust for more back pressure.. or maybe its your spark advance not too sure.. does it deisel on after you cut the ignition? If you find out what the problem is please post it fuz i am gonna do the same exhaust setup anr dont really want any hesitation. Are you runnin a weber?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its multi point F.I. so no dieseling. As far as spark advance, you think to much advance or not enough?
Power wise though, she'll spin the 31's!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So this is gonna sound stupid but i got my thrush muffler and i am not sure which is the inlet and outlet, does it matter? Is the inlet the one in the center or is it the one off to the side, sounds silly, just dont wanna screw it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Center pipe is outlet, dunno if it matters, but I would guess it does

·
Registered
53 Posts
It is basically the same as a sammy, just right hand drive

1 - 15 of 15 Posts