Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a bunch of new parts for my 92 and then found out that it was in way worst shape then i thought so i ended up getting a 98. Just wondering if most of these parts are interchangeable between the 2 years, that way i can keep em for spares or try to sell them, please note that the 92 was not power steering but the 98 is, i have the following parts:

2x Rotors
Front Pads
Driver/Pass cv axles
Rear drums/Shoes/Hardware kit
2x U joint

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm going to say yes, but I'm guessing. I've used those parts off a '96 Sunrunner on a '91 Tracker no problem.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I ordered a bunch of new parts for my 92 and then found out that it was in way worst shape then i thought so i ended up getting a 98. Just wondering if most of these parts are interchangeable between the 2 years, that way i can keep em for spares or try to sell them, please note that the 92 was not power steering but the 98 is, i have the following parts:

2x Rotors
Front Pads
Driver/Pass cv axles
Rear drums/Shoes/Hardware kit
2x U joint

Just as long as one is not a Sport you should be ok BUT
I think you left out the most important info
2 or 4 doors?

You can check the P/N on one of the parts links.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as long as one is not a Sport you should be ok BUT
I think you left out the most important info
2 or 4 doors?

You can check the P/N on one of the parts links.
Both are 2 doors

·
Super Moderator
24,464 Posts
I would say yes as well, for the parts that you have listed.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Wasn't there a change in spline count somewhere along the way?

The other parts should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
24,464 Posts
Transfer case output shaft spline changed from from 26 to 16 splines in 1996, I think.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the brilliant idea to cross check the parts on the autopartswarehouse website hehe, and from the website it tells me that the drums/shoes/hardware kit and passenger side cv axle are not the same......thats sucks

·
Super Moderator
24,464 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
.. cross check the parts on the autopartswarehouse website hehe, and from the website it tells me that the drums/shoes/hardware kit and passenger side cv axle are not the same...
Keep in mind that many auto parts data-bases confuse non-sports with sports, and 2 doors with 4 doors. The brakes ARE different in both cases.

Use Suzuki databases.

I like this one... it is just a bit hard to use. suzuki-cat.ru

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
The front diff spline count changed 95~96 so the right axle (which goes directly into the diff) will be different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts