Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if there was a way to have the doors lock after i start driving... my old truck would lock the doors after i got over 25 m.p.h. i was wondering if the SX4 could do the same thing too. its a pain to have to remember to lock the doors every time i get in to drive. i have a hard enough time remembering my head when i leave the house :p thanx :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
suzuki alarm

I purchased the alarm from the dealer which is made for the 2009 sx4. It has many cool features like locking and setting the alarm by pressing the button on the doors as well as flashing the lights but unfortunitally it will not lock the doors automatically.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an alarm agreed by my dealer.
it is the same as TMM said. it is actioned by the original car key
I asked to add the option to close automatically the windows if there is a left open when locking the car. and it was possible.

I asked if the alarm has the possibility to lock the doors when driving, and they said it is available on the alarm I have, but i did not have time to go there with the car.

So it is VERY IMPORTANT to ask the dealer to install an alarm that has the possibility to be extended to these options. there are other alarm systems that cannot be extended to other options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the advice on this i do have a factory alarm kiy and still have not found anything on it :( but i do have to admit the last bit of advice from LAMRONH was my favorite lol thanks :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an '07 SX4 with the middle steering wheel package. When I sit in the car for a couple of minutes the doors lock by themselves. I guess the weight of my body triggers the seat sensors letting it know there is a driver in the seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks for all the advice on this i do have a factory alarm kiy and still have not found anything on it :( but i do have to admit the last bit of advice from LAMRONH was my favorite lol thanks :D
Well, thanks.

I drove an Impala before my KIA. It was automated to a high degree: The lights came on at night, the doors locked when I put it in Drive, the radio increased volume with increased speed.
Pretty neat gadgets, but every bit of automation removes a little something from the need to think and generally pay attention.

My Spectra is all manual, except it does know enough to turn the headlights off when the ignition is turned off.

Now I pretty much automatically lock the doors before I belt up.

An old habit has returned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts