Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,204 Posts
It sorta' sounds like a vacuum originating noise.

Is the noise only heard from within the cabin?

Are there vacuum fed heater (or other) controls under the dash in this model? :huh:

I don't think that it's the brake booster, unless it's REAL loud under the hood too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just my 2 cents...sounds like a starter bendex having a hard time releasing to me.
To me thats what it sounds like as well (starter problem) and the sound from inside the cabin sounds like its coming from inside the hood on the passenger side, anything i should be worried about?

·
Super Moderator
18,204 Posts
I had that thought too! :)

If we can narrow the source as to under-hood or in-cabin, we might be able to nail this one down.

A tensioner or an engine driven accessory would be next on my list, followed by an engine or exhaust system heat shield.

·
Super Moderator
18,204 Posts
I see that we posted at the same time.

Good! If under-hood, then ID'ing the sound will be easy with a 2nd person assist. :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
It sounds like the starter dragging, have you been off roading in slush or water lately? Have someone start the car for you while you listen with the hood up. Fan clutches on these cars sometimes make a noise on cold start as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds like the starter dragging, have you been off roading in slush or water lately? Have someone start the car for you while you listen with the hood up. Fan clutches on these cars sometimes make a noise on cold start as well.
I wouldn't know i purchased the tracker 1 week ago and its been doing it ever since.

·
Super Moderator
24,234 Posts
Is it me, or does anyone hear 'weird' noises at 3, 5 and 7 seconds. At 3 seconds, before the key is put to the on position, there seems to be a bit of a rumble somewhere. At 5 seconds, couple of cranks from the starter appears to be dragging/low battery. At 7 seconds, there appears to be the sucking sound of vacuum. ????

·
Super Moderator
18,204 Posts
Yeah i think you're right, or at least I'm hearing similar noises. :huh:

We'll see with some more (hopefully) in-depth investigation.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it me, or does anyone hear 'weird' noises at 3, 5 and 7 seconds. At 3 seconds, before the key is put to the on position, there seems to be a bit of a rumble somewhere. At 5 seconds, couple of cranks from the starter appears to be dragging/low battery. At 7 seconds, there appears to be the sucking sound of vacuum. ????
Disregard all other noise hehe, the only important noise is the one at 6-7 seconds, the slow cranks are due to very cold temperature (-30 celcius) , i had a friend of mine listen to it today and he seems to think starter as well, thing is this tracker only has 60 000km on it so i am wondering if it's just due to it not being used enough and will get better or i should actually replace the starter.

·
Super Moderator
24,234 Posts
Have someone stand at the engine while you crank (or vice versa), to see if you can isolate the sound. If you have a length of hose (assuming no mechanic's stethoscope) and put it to your ear and to the starter, you should be able to identify if that's where the sound is coming from.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Warm weather may help or a fully charged battery, 2 above here today you can actually feel the heat. If the car set for very long you may need to clean and lubricate lots of things.

·
Registered
987 Posts
So you bought the tracker from Pothier"s in Falmouth? I thought you said no thanks too expensive when I posted the link...lol I looked at it and it is a beautiful vehicle in my opinion worth the money. It did set for a long time so it will take a while to get the bugs out. Enjoy your new ride..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you bought the tracker from Pothier"s in Falmouth? I thought you said no thanks too expensive when I posted the link...lol I looked at it and it is a beautiful vehicle in my opinion worth the money. It did set for a long time so it will take a while to get the bugs out. Enjoy your new ride..
Haha yep I did buy it, its in beautiful shape, I ended up getting it for 7200$ which is still alot of money but I love this thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts