Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here installed a camber bolt kit in order to solve tire wear problems? I have an '02 XL7 and wonder if the bolts hold their adjustment over time or work loose. Any other comments?

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting the most from your tires and maximizing your ride's handling and braking performance requires proper vehicle alignment. The alignment process consists of 3 basic parameters: toe, caster, and camber. Toe adjustment keeps the wheels pointed straight down the road. Think of it as standing up straight with your feet shoulder width apart and parallel to each other. This is perfect, straight toe.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting the most from your tires and maximizing your ride's handling and braking performance requires proper vehicle alignment. The alignment process consists of 3 basic parameters: toe, caster, and camber. Toe adjustment keeps the wheels pointed straight down the road. Think of it as standing up straight with your feet shoulder width apart and parallel to each other. This is perfect, straight toe.
Yes, I'm very familiar with alignment parameters. Problem is there is NO ADJUSTMENT on the XL7s and Vitaras for camber and caster. Thus the aftermarket CAMBER BOLT kits. I had some installed and the alignment set to specs. We'll see how that works out. Still no caster adjustment.
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts