Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where exactly on the car, does this bushing come from? And what are you driving?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. Where exactly on the car, does this bushing come from? And what are you driving?
Thanks! this is my question!! from where exactly this bushing come from! I use this calmini bushing in suzuki samurai but its not from my car. (My samurai it's a racing car with coil conversion)

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
The best approach might be to contact calmini directly and ask them - that bush could be from/for any one of their products, and any one of the vehicles they make products for.

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
Although not exact, seems to look something like this:

Fordem’s got the right idea - contact Calmini.....

·
Registered
'91 Tracker (CAMI) 1.6-8v, 5spd-4WD
538 Posts
You say...."I use this calmini bushing in suzuki samurai but its not from my car.." Well, WHERE on your Samurai did you use this bushing? And if not from your car, why would you need to know, anyway?
Not being facetious, just trying to figure out the "history of this mysterious thing"

·
Registered
538 Posts
Check out Calmini's website....from their Suzuki Samurai Suspension page, it appears that these are(were) polyurethane spring shackle bushings (suspension springs) in very worn condition:cautious: and missing the steel sleeves. The damaged areas is typical of wear on those components (supports all the weight.)
No big deal....common part. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
Maybe a bit of a hint as to the number on the bushing. Is the bushing you have made of rubber of polyurethane? If its an old rubber bushing, you will not find it in the Calmini catalogue. Other than the blue color, there is really no other indication that this is actually a Calmini bushing at all, and searching for ‘bushing 2267’ on the internet comes up with nothing. Sadly, Calmini is not known for their good communication or customer service, as far as I know....I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful, although perhaps if you indicate that exact Samurai that this comes out of, we can search further.
You may also want to try to post in the Samurai section of this forum:
Suzuki Jimny, Sierra & Samurai Forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You say...."I use this calmini bushing in suzuki samurai but its not from my car.." Well, WHERE on your Samurai did you use this bushing? And if not from your car, why would you need to know, anyway?
Not being facetious, just trying to figure out the "history of this mysterious thing"
it's a modified samurai

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe a bit of a hint as to the number on the bushing. Is the bushing you have made of rubber of polyurethane? If its an old rubber bushing, you will not find it in the Calmini catalogue. Other than the blue color, there is really no other indication that this is actually a Calmini bushing at all, and searching for ‘bushing 2267’ on the internet comes up with nothing. Sadly, Calmini is not known for their good communication or customer service, as far as I know....I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful, although perhaps if you indicate that exact Samurai that this comes out of, we can search further.
You may also want to try to post in the Samurai section of this forum:
Suzuki Jimny, Sierra & Samurai Forum

Οκ!
Thank
you for your time!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Οκ!
Thank
you for your time!
Hi again... see my previous post #9, your answer is there! Your Samurai was originally fitted with multi-leaf springs on both ends. Of course, yours is no longer original. Just a worn-out spring shackle bushing.... nothing more, nothing less.
Enjoy your Samurai... and throw those bushings in the trash!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts