Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the calmini rebuild kit... Trying to get some reviews on it before I jump in and buy it... If anyone has any info on the Low Range rebuild kit I'd like to get some info on it to.... Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some info on the samurai... Stock 87 sammy the only thing it had is a weber and a header... Other than that its bone stock..

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
Whilst I have not bought rebuild kits from either Calmini or Low Range Off Road, I have done business with both of them - suspension parts from Calmini and suspension & engine parts (piston & ring set) from Low Range.

I would much rather do business with Low Range.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I got the 6.4 gears from Trail Tough, pretty happy with those. In recent history I have made many.....many many purchases from Trail Tough and Low Range and I dont think you could go wrong either way.

Have you already picked out a ratio?

Tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sorry I didnt specify, Im doing a rebuild kit for the engine.... I think im gonna go with the low range.... Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's all good, I will be re-ringing my engine this fall, I to will use the kit from Low Range. I've already done Tcase and doing the transmission bearings/synchros this week. I guess I will have a new truck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i found a place on ebay that had a full rebuild kit for about 100 bucks and they so happened to be in south elmonte which is 5 minutes from where i live so i purchased a full rebuild kit all seals, gaskets, main bearings and they also had an oil pump so i got that too, and all 4 pistons rings and wrist pins.. i dropped off the block at my local machine shop they cleaned inspected and installed all parts for around 500 bucks including hot tanking the head and inspecting it..it runs perfect haven't had any problems and couldn't believe how cheap everything was i think the pistons were like 50 bucks for all 4 complete..i had the machine shop assemble the whole long block so all i had to do was bolt on the tranny,intake manifold and header and i was rolling...ive purchased from both and they are both..

·
Registered
686 Posts
That is quite a score, did you use iron rings or chrome?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts