Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Tracker and I am going to install a Calmini 3" body lift kit in it. How difficult / easy is this job?

Anyone have experience installing this kit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Calmini body lift

Hey,

I have not installed one but I do have extensive info about the Sidekick/Tracker body.There are 8 mounts in total,2 directly under each headlight,4 under the passenger cab in each corner and 2 in the rear.For the 2 in the front you will need to remove each head lamp,the bolt is located directly under the lamp,the four under the cab are easy enough to locate but use penetrating oil or something as these bolts were seized solid on mine and broke free from the body.The 2 in the rear are located under the bumper fascia/clip there are 7 #3 philips screws you will have to remove to get the clip off,this will help you see the last 2 buggers.Again,for the screws and mounts use some kind of penetrant and have a tap and die kit handy.
Also keep in mind that your brake line flex hoses and hard lines from the master cylinder in the front are only so long and is permanently attached to the fender well and chassis there and will most likely need to be rerouted or extended.I have lots more info if you need it,I'm trying to get my own little trail runner going myself.
Hopefully this helps.

Happy wheelin'!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decayerox,

Those are great tips, thankyou. I'm going to get the penetrating oil out and start wetting those rusty bolt and nuts. I haven't had a chance to tear into it yet, hopefuly soon. Good points about the brake lines......I'll loosen / remove the mounts to these as suggested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh,BTW,I forgot to mention about the steering assembly.Sometimes the steering rod has to be lengthend and the angle may have to change a bit.
Sorry,that slipped my mind before.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts